1. My ping
Use the ICMP protocol to request "echo" from destination.
2. My traceroute
Using the ICMP echo protocol, carefully track the messages down to the destined host.
The TTL is incremented for every reply back.
Note: if any router does not reply, the program waits indefinitely.
3. Adding Security to Network Programs with SSL
Demonstrate an SSL server/client communications.
4. Simple web server.
5. FTP server.
6. FTP client.
7. Write a client program which allows a user to "cd" into directories on the remote server,
get file listings and examine file contents. The client should be command driven and support the following commands:
8. Port Scanning - TCP connect() scanning.
9. Port Scanning - TCP SYN (half open) scanning.
10. Port Scanning - TCP FIN (stealth) scanning.
11. Port Scanning - UDP recvfrom() scanning.
12. Port Scanning - UDP raw ICMP port unreachable scanning.